It is the end of the semester - do you know how high your anxiety level is?
Here are some helpful tips to get through the next few weeks:
- Get organized. Figure out what you need to do and try to make a schedule. Be reasonable about what you need to complete. Reward yourself when you complete things and DO NOT get down when the schedule may need to be revised. It happens.
- give your self a 20 minute break from studying every couple of hours. Get up and stretch, take a walk, meet a friend for coffee at Starbucks.
- Exercise!! If you do not have enough time for your regular work-out, modify it but get exercise. It is a great stress releaser and you will be able to concentrate better. Do 20-30 minutes on the tread mill or the elliptical. Take a brisk walk, go for a quick swim.
- Eat! If you skip meals or try to live on frappaccino's alone, you will have sugar highs and lows which are BAD for concentration. Remember the food pyramid and try to get some of all food groups.
- Schedule something that you like to do. If you know that there is a reward ahead, it will allow you to focus on what you have to do.
- Sleep, be kind to yourself. Sleep deprivation decreases your ability to concentrate. Concentration is key to retaining material and test performance.